A unique, lighthearted story about a little girl and her imaginary hippo who does what he likes on the roof. He gets to have a shower instead of a bath, doesn’t get in trouble, watches TV instead of going to bed and most importantly, eats lots of cake!
Why kids will love it
- It’s a fun story for beginner readers – with clean font and short sentences.
- A story written for kids, in the words of a young child – including a little bit of nonsense which everybody loves!
- Big, brightly colored pictures following the antics of a cute hippo.
- This book has simple storyline, simple words and easy to understand, repetitive lines which kids love to remember.
There are many things to discuss with your child, including:
- Why does the little girl think there is a hippo on the roof – is it possible?
- Why does the little girl have to go to bed but the hippo gets to stay up and watch TV?
- Why does the hippo mysteriously disappear when the men fixed the roof?
This is your child’s chance to let their imagination run wild too!