Once your child starts recognizing and matching letters, they are one step closer to being able to read. This is great progress for any child and they should feel an enormous amount of pride which will inspire them to keep learning!
Here are some free and easy to use worksheets to give your child plenty of practice recognizing and matching letters.
Matching upper and lower case letters
These matching letters worksheets are simple and easy to use, ideal for beginners.
- Worksheet 1 features letters a to g and their upper case partners
- Worksheet 2 matches lower case and upper case letters h to n
- Worksheet 3 tackles upper and lower case letters o to t
- Worksheet-4 features the lower and upper case final letters of the alphabet u to z.
Matching letters with pictures
These matching letters and pictures worksheets feature bright, fun images making learning sounds fun!
- Worksheet 1 and Worksheet 2 feature simple single letter sounds.
- Worksheet 3, Worksheet 4 and Worksheet 5 include images and two-letter word beginning blends.
For practice writing each letter and to identify the sounds each letter makes, you will find our letter worksheets very useful.